Passages is a secured, psychiatric residential treatment facility located in Brynn Marr Hospital for girls, ages 12 – 17, who are exhibiting problematic behaviors associated with a psychiatric diagnosis and who are not currently able to live in a family situation or other community-based group home environment due to the severity of their behavioral problems and potential to harm themselves or others.
Our experienced and professional team is skilled in working effectively with girls who are dealing with issues of PTSD, depression, self-injurious behaviors and substance use disorder, among others.
The goal of this residential program is to provide a specialized, therapeutic residential treatment setting for females, so that they can improve their functioning and transition to a less restrictive community placement, or when possible, to their own family of origin or another family setting.
At Passages, we use a structured milieu to assist and provide support to our residents in achieving their determined treatment goals. Our gender specific focus guides the youth through their treatment, recognizing the uniqueness of adolescent females. Our staff has been specially trained to facilitate the following programs.
- Adolescent Behavioral Development Incentive Program – This incentive based level system is our unique milieu management program that is non-punitive and incentive based. Residents focus on core areas and accumulate points which they utilize for privileges.
- The Village Academy – This five-day-a-week academic curriculum is certified by the Department of Non-public Instruction. Grades accumulated while at Brynn Marr are transferable. Individual Education Plans (IEPs) are followed.
- Adjunctive Therapy – Challenging team-based activities to encourage social skills and critical thinking, including art therapy, music therapy, recreational therapy and adventure based counseling (low-elements ROPES course).
- Individual & Family Therapy – Guided by a Master’s prepared therapist to focus on specific treatment related issues. We encourage our residents to develop their own “person centered plan” with the assistance of a treatment team.
- Group Treatment
- Voluntary (non-denominational) spiritual service offered.
- Therapeutic trial visits with family, increasing as discharge approaches.
- Girls ages 12 through 17.
- Diagnosable DSM-5 psychiatric disorder.
- Resident is medically stable.
- Resident has demonstrated the need for treatment in a locked, secure setting to ensure safety from dangerous behaviors which are not manageable in a less secure setting.
- There is reasonable expectation that treatment will improve behaviors.
For more information about admissions to Brynn Marr Hospital please contact [email protected] or call us directly at (910)577-1400 to speak with our residential liaison.